Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Power of make up

I often hide behind red lipstick. No, really. I know that a lot of people think that wearing fire engine red lipstick will make you stand out more, maybe so...-but nobody will notice your tired looking eyes! I have gotten many compliments at work about how "perky" I always look or how I can look so good that time in the morning (before 8am) and the answer I always give is: it´s the lipstick. There are not many places I go to without any make up, but granted if I´m home, especially in the summer running around I have no problem what so ever to be clean faced. I just like to put "my face on", it´s a ritual in the morning that wakes me up, gives me time to think and hopefully makes me look a bit less gloomy especially this time of the year.
That being said I think about the blog post Veera wrote a while back about getting shit for not photo shopping her pictures as well as about beauty ideals all in all, I´ve also skimmed on the subject of ideal, norms and gender on several occasions, one being e.g this and it seems to be a hot potato still, as it should be. So inspired by Veera I´ll post another make up free face here. Both pictures are taken last Saturday, first one at approx. 7pm and the other at 01am. 

See what I mean with the lipstick :) ???
P.S I´m really bummed because OF COURSE I can´t get my favourite lipstick in Finland anymore. If you find Diorific nr 003 Abracadabra anywhere I will pay for the postage!!!!

Have a great week!

Before.
After.

No comments:

Post a Comment