Friday, February 22, 2013

Between panic and despair



Sorry guys and dolls, it´s been hectic since I got back. I have been trying to up my excersise-routines (after Berlin, quite needed haha!), do the coreo practice and work on my costume. Sometimes the grand ideas one has at the planning faze just ain´t working when tried out...and the first practice with the outfit usually tells you your faux pas´ so one piece of advice here: don´t do it the night before the show :) Usually there is some (read: a lot) of adjustments that has to be made. I´m really happy this week has been a vacation week for me!
Currently I´m somewhat panick-y, not totally but a bit since it´s one week to showdown and there is still A LOT to do. It´s back to work next week, -which is great! and the evenings are pretty booked with   everything from a fitting (new dress for the festivities, yey!), practice and then four workshops with Angie Pontani, Tigger! and Dirty Martini. It pretty much means I have to get everything together before Tuesday when I have my last time at Raspberry Fields...Oh! And those classes are already sold out BUT there is still place in the vaudeville masterclass by Mr.Pustra!!! Contact Helsinki Burlesque for more information. It´s unfortunately at the same time as Tigger!´s class so I can´t take both :(
Taking classes will cost you some but from my own experience I can say that it´s money well spent. You really learn from more experienced performers and even if you are not in to burlesque per se, but do some other performing (music, theatre...) I´m sure there will be something to work with since themes can vary from presence on stage to how to move and everything in between.
And talking of that, I have to get going. I´m meeting Tinker Bell for a final time to see that all is as it should be coreo-wise. Tomorrow  Thee Dizzy Daisies are going on a road trip to Turku to attend Alli Ruth´s ´how-to-make-a- performance-bra´- class. She will have one in Hellsinki later this Spring so if you are interested, take it! Performance-outfit IS NOT the same an lingerie!!!! If you are thinking about getting up on stage in that pretty HM bra, how blingy it ever is, -do think again. It will give a more professional and less cheap impression when you have done work on your outfit yourself.

Ok, off my soapbox again. Really wasn´t my point starting this post to sound so ...teacher-ish, sorry! but I shall be a good girl and have lost more of coffee and calm down. I think after meeting Tink I will feel better.

Leaving you with a song that really made my day! Ta!


No comments:

Post a Comment