Monday, July 15, 2013

Enjoy the small things

Howdy ho! Cowgirl ready for duty, it´s back to farmlife again after the weekend shenanigans and that means the morning started with getting lots of milk from the barn so that I can cook the planned porridge in the oven for everyone here today! GLAMOROUS haha :) No, I don´t really care about that glam that much, really. WHAT is it, anyway? For me glam can be the fact that I put on lipstick in the morning, because it makes me feel really good. It´s fun, it´s entertaining but I´m a girl of simple pleasures. That´s why I put up a sticker saying "Enjoy the little things" on one of our walls, to remind myself that I should not always just plan ahead but to stop and enjoy the momentum, so to say. Sometimes people ask me if I don´t miss living in Hellsinki but truth be told - very seldomly, if ever. It was fun while it lasted, the nightlife, the 24/7-happenings, all of it. But maybe I´m old or something, I really enjoy having space around me, to be able to go outside and sit on the terrace and have a glass of wine. Realestate is sky high in the city as we speak, it´s really ridiculous. Plus theres always travel. My hubby asked me once it we should get a summer cottage (which is very typically Finnish) and I looked at him like he was mad! We live at a FARM! "Yes, a Summer cottage in Manhattan" was my answer if memory serves me right.

  Living in this big, ol´ farm where we have been renovating and working since the day we arrived makes me blind to the fact that a lot has already been done. And I have learned that the garden will probably NEVER be finished. Patience is no virtue of mine (I always thought, but then I can sit gor hours on end glueing bling to my costumes...go figure!), so it has been a revelation..... I try to have one BIG project every summer, the past years it has been in the house, wallpapers, paint etc. but since the interior is pretty ok now we moved outside. This summers project has been painting the old porch and putting down stones in the front, and our resident Italian has been extremely helpful with this. Could have not done it without him since most my days seem to be spent in the kitchen! The backyard´s terrace was finished last summer so now I need to figure out the rest of it...but that will be NEXT summer ;)
Ok, ok...I do plan ahead and I do enjoy to think about what is going to happen in the near future. Tomorrow I´m shooting some outdoor pictures by the sea with Emiliano and having rehearsals with my girls, next Monday I get to shake my tailfeathers at a party for my old colleagues from my previous aviaton-life with "Praline Airlines" and then tada! it´s off to Florida with my mother! Really looking forward to a girls-only-holiday with her! But before this, I love the sun outside today, my fresh coffee (and milk hehe!) in my Wonder Woman-cup that was a prezzie from my sister and th luxoury of having the house quiet and non-demanding for the morning!
The Burlesque Assassins movie was brilliant! I laughed SO much, the humour was right up my alley!!! Great burlesque acts, too- I´m in love with Koko La Douce once again... Later Xarah rocked the house and even if we could have had more audience the feeling and the atmorphere was very lovely. Thanks Olivia, T.t and Seah aka the Tampere Troublemakers for inviting me and letting me a part of this event <3

Ready to go! No make up and rollers, this is it, baby :)

Backstage, listening to my song before the show.

With Sophie le Sucre, redheads galore!

The wonderful and gorgeous Xarah von den Vielenregen. P.S (my dress is from Olivia Rouge)

No comments:

Post a Comment